*Disclaimer: This leather bag is the school bag I wish I had when I was in school. The one below looks more like the one I had, possibly purchased at Balogun market.
Students carry all sorts of things in their school bags. Apart from books. Some students don't even carry a bag, They just carry their books in their hands or put them in a nylon bag.
Assuming you had a school bag, and a teacher randomly stopped you and
- Exercise Books, Textbooks, Math Set and similar stuff (Duh!)
- Toothbrush doubling as hairbrush: Ladies, you know what I'm talking about, especially if you went to boarding school. You (I) needed it for that 'all back' hairstyle with all that brushing ...
- Novels: Either the ones I borrowed or owned. The usual suspects were: Enid Blyton, etc.
- Tissue Paper: Because you have to errr ... bring your own for errr ... you know..
- Lunch: Probably none of these foods sha.
- Feminine Hygiene Products for the monthly visitor.
- Glass Case: Because I wore glasses.
Not in my bag: That Pocahontas pencil case. Nope. Didn't happen.
So, what was in your school bag? Oya, speak out!
*Sources: One // Two